Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Welcome to Daisy's Diary!

Hi!

I've been wanting to do this for a few weeks now, and I have finally had some inspiration! A tiny bit of history:

After our beloved Fresca passed away after a long illness, we mourned for him and then as always, we had to have another birdie. So, we picked out this one:
Her first day with us - October 1, 2010
This was just an hour or so after we brought her home. She was the tiniest of all the parakeets and I wanted a very young one. Note the black stripes on her (yes, it's a GIRL!) head. The darker and closer to the cere the stripes are, the younger the bird. This one was just over 4 weeks old.

After a many name shout outs, we all agreed (well most of us... ahem) on Daisy Mae. That's a name my mother would call me, sometimes... Moms; gotta love em!

For days, Daisy did nothing. Absolutely nothing. For more on her first days, Blooming Daisy

Well, just as soon as the thought entered my mind that this bird is not going to do a thing, and that perhaps we should return her, her little personality started showing itself... and soon her little personality was anything but little; She is a little minx that, every day, shows us something new. She is funny, and sweet. She is curious and shows no fear -- which can be scary at times! There is not a mean bone in her body. I can promise visitors that she will not bite and mean it.

So, I hope you'll follow her life with me. It'll be a fun and entertaining journey, I promise. As I type, she is sleeping soundly on my keyboard.

Until next time,

Remember; ruffling a few feathers is a good thing!

Peace...

Mary

1 comment:

  1. Lil Cuz,

    I guess I'm starting backwards. But from this point on I will go forward.

    It appears to me that Daisy Mae was destine to belong to the Bokin Family.

    It's always difficult after the lost of a pet, be it a bird, dog or cat or any other time of animal.

    When you picked Daisy Mae it was probably difficult for her too,just wondering what type of " Forever" home she would be spending her life in.

    What she did not realize is that she would have a wonderful " Forever" family to help her learn, grown and achieve all her Bird goals.

    I realize the name process is difficult too. Normally names come easy to Fred and me, but we tried for a long time to name Katie. Eventually we decided to keep the name she was given and to us she is our beautiful " Katie".

    I bet when you look back you can't imagine any other name than Daisey Mae.

    I'm glad that Daisey Mae showed you her true colors. Meaning that her little personality was going to be one that you would grow to love, enjoy and admire.

    She won you all over by showing you she would certainly live up to your expectations.

    I love the fact of how you describe how she cuddles up to you and shares your computer space. Maybe she wants to make sure you are typing all the correct things about her.

    I'm looking forward to follow her life and her daily day to day aspirations.


    "A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song".
    Chinese Proverb

    Until next time.

    Love Cuz Fran

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving me a note! I do read them all, and I appreciate the time that you have taken to not only stop by and read, but that you took a few extra moments to drop me a line! I promise to respond to all comments! Peace!